vineri, 19 august 2011

My very first UK haul ^^

Hey hey!
I know it's been a while since my last post, but we've been busy trying to find a place to rent. And we did ^^. We're moving in on Monday, so until then, we're staying at our friend's house.

But enough about that. Let me show you what I got in Boots :D


I know it's a mini haul, but the truth is I can't afford much right now, and I don't really need anything in particular either, since I stocked up before I left home.


First comes the product I was most excited about, the Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover (£6.38). I used it only once, but honestly, I think my expectations were too high. I mean it's an okay product, it does its job, but I'm not in love with it. I think I'm gonna try to find another one after I'm finished with it, just to see how other products work. 


Vaseline!! I've been dreaming about this line for a while now. 
I got the Lip Therapy Rosy Lips for £1.99. I must say, I'm really liking it. It has a subtle rose smell (and taste too ^.^), it feels very light on the lips, it's non sticky and it's really hydrating. And at 20g a pot, I think I'm gonna have it for a long time, since you don't need to use too much.


Now this is a product I actually needed, since my Flormar one sucks. First off, its pretty cheap (£4.19) and I quite like it. It covers up dark circles and blemishes nicely, not great, but definitely worth the price. I got it in the shade 02, Light, but I think I should have gone for the first shade (yes, I am that pale). Oh well, it's still usable :).


Now this I got just out of pure curiosity. I've seen so many girls on Youtube using it, and I had to see what all the fuss was about. Honestly, I don't really need a dry shampoo, since I'm washing my hair every 2 days so it doesn't really get the chance to become oily, but I thought it would give some much needed volume to my second day hair. I know I could just use hairspray, but I wanted to see if this has kind of the same effect, since the girl in the ad had a lot of volume after using it. 
I got the travel size, just in case I don't like it, and it was on sale for only £1. Didn't really get the chance to use it, so I don't know if it's any good. I'll keep you posted on that. 

So this was it. 
Since it was my first time in a Boots store, I must say I'm really impressed. Everything is in order, and there's always a member of the staff available if you have any questions. Actually, this is the way things work in pretty much every store around here. People are very nice and polite, willing to help you without making you feel uncomfortable. It may sound funny that I'm impressed about something that is so common, but back home in Romania, people are very different and the service everywhere is pretty bad. They always manage to make you feel awkward about having the nerve to bother them, meanwhile here they're grateful for having you as a client. 

Oh well, this completes my ramble. I'm going to try to post as often as I can, but since I'm in the process of moving and all, while still getting to know the city, you'll just have to bear with me for a little longer. 
Thanks for sticking by though ^^

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comentarii:

  1. pare faina "vasilina"

    nice and polite people? tre sa vin si eu acolo doar pt asta :P

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. well, depinde, la metrou daca se grabesc si tu esti aerian, te injura :)) am invatat asta in prima zi :))

    RăspundețiȘtergere